In case you are feeling sluggish, may be your body needs a cleansing session. Fortunately, many foods are there today that can detoxify your body against toxic lifestyle. Anyone who needs more energy or wants to lose weight, or need an improved complexion, detox is the ultimate solution.
Few effective detox foods
- Lemon: There are reasons for which lemons are the staple of detox diets. Lemons are loaded with antioxidant Vitamin C that is considered to be a superb element for our skin and also for neutralizing free radicals. In addition to that it can manage the pH balance in our body. One can start having slice of lemon with some warm water to remove out toxins from the body.
- Ginger: If your digestive system is affected by excess fats or alcohol, a piece of ginger in food can deal with such issues. Not only it relieves nausea but also helps a person in case of indigestion, bloating and gas. Its amazing properties boost your immune system much effectively as well. Thus, it is recommended to have a sip of ginger tea or add it to any food item.
- Garlic: Garlic is a popular spice that is a boon for heart. This pungent food is great for body detoxification. It acts as an antiviral, antibacterial, antibiotic and contains allicin which promotes the RBC production in the body. One can have some crushed garlic with salad as a dressing.
- Artichoke: Globe artichoke leaves when added to meal can help to deal with the adverse effects of alcohol and fats. The body’s main toxic fighting agent i.e. liver’s functioning can be enhanced by artichoke.
- Beetroot: Nothing is more effective than a beetroot. It is wrapped with magnesium, Vitamin C and iron. Along with its super food features, it helps liver for detoxifying the body.
- Green Tea: Technically, it doesn’t come under the food category, but this essential beverage completes the detox process. It not only aids weight loss but also protect our liver against any kind of disease.
- Cabbage: It contains a chemical known as sulforaphane, which acts as anti toxic agent to the body. It also contains antioxidants that improve the detox activities in our body.
- Fresh fruits: One can’t count on the numerous benefits of fruits. Whether minerals, Vitamins and antioxidant content are concerned or detoxification is required, fruits are the ultimate thing to be relied on. Fruits are delicious to be added to our diet, so one can initiate the healthy day with their intake.
Like all these detox foods, water cress and brown rice helps in the phenomenon of body cleansing and detoxification. All these foods when included in food complete the natural detox of our body.