Hormonal disorders are common and most of these can be treated easily. These can lead to weight gain or loss, bowel problems, anxiety, hair fall, acne, etc. You might have seen people with excessive body hair. This is also a symptom of hormonal imbalance.
Some common hormonal imbalances
- Weight gain/loss: Our body weight gain and loss is majorly dependent on the type of diet we are following. But along with that hormone secretion plays a significant role in this. Thyroid hormones are responsible for maintaining our body’s metabolism. Any alteration in the thyroid secretion gives rise to weight related issue. People with less thyroid secretion tend to gain weight and vice versa for more thyroid secretion. A common weight gain disease in women is polycystic ovarian. Other weight problems causing hormonal disorders are hypothalamic disturbance but luckily these are rare.
- Anxiety or sweating: Whenever we feel stressed, we feel anxiety and we can feel easily our heart beats. This also happens in case of being scared or tensed. The root of this is in catecholamine hormones that help our body to remain calm in stressful situations. There is a rare chance of its enormous release in the body which causes palpitations and anxiety. Other cause of these can be increased thyroid levels.
- Bowel problems: Bowel related issues are very much in complaint due to the hormonal problems. Low hormonal levels can cause constipation and high can have the reverse effect of frequent bowel movements.
- Hair fall: Along with non hormonal issues, patients having disturbed thyroid levels have a common problem of hair loss. This problem can also be due to lack of calcium, physical illness, weakness, weight loss, etc.
- Acne and Excess body hair: This is the most common problem occurred in woman. Almost every female experience this type f hormonal imbalance outcome at one point in their life. Adolescent and young girls suffer more from this. The main reason behind this is polycystic ovaries. This makes follicles of glands or hair sensitive to the androgen circulation.
Hormonal imbalances can be easily got checked in case you are suffering from some kind of symptom mentioned above. These can be controlled and maintained by some specialist’s consultation. Treatment options are available according to the patient’s overall health. Person of any age can get these imbalances. Healthy diet and lifestyle is crucial for maintenance of hormonal imbalances.