Even the cutest smile can be ruined by yellow and brown tooth stains. Everyone keeps talking about the methods to deal with these strains and discoloration, but the roots of it are also important to know. “Prevention is always better than cure”, is a great saying. Knowing the causes may help us to prevent staining of teeth.
Topmost causes of tooth staining
- Tobacco: Using tobacco and all other products containing it in them is one of the chief causes of tooth staining.
- Poor oral hygiene: Improper and irregular brushing can give rise to plague and calculus accumulation on teeth, which make them appear yellowish. Brushing is one of the most important activities that are a must to be included in daily routine.
- Food and beverage: Beverages including tea, coffee, red wine and darkly colored fruits add to teeth staining. Some energy drinks also have got acidic properties, which can lead to enamel erosion. Thus enamel becomes more transparent, which increases the visibility of yellow dentine and teeth appear yellowish.
- Ageing: There’s a direct association of ageing and teeth’s color according to research done. With increase in age, wear and tear of teeth increases and thus they become yellowish in their appearance.
- Medication: Iron tablets, antihistamines, and chlorhexidine mouthwash can stain teeth. Consumption of few antibiotics for treating infections, urinary tract issues and antibacterial can have permanent tooth staining effects.
- Fluorosis: Fluoride, when consumed through toothpastes or water in excess can lead to fluorosis, which itself means stains on teeth.
- Smoking: One of the most common causes of tooth stains. This is an added bad effect of smoking.
- Enamel Hypoplasia: This condition is seen in diseases like rickets. It refers to a chalky appearance on teeth.
- Grinding habits: Grinding habits lead to abrasion of the teeth edges, thus they appear yellow or as if some stains are on them.
- Trauma in children: Some children get their teeth hit while some activity which lead to hemorrhaging of blood vessels in inner tooth. This can lead to tooth cracks and consequent stains. Apart from this tooth decay also develops black stains on teeth.
Keeping all these factors in mind, try to prevent causes of tooth staining and have a great sparkling smile. A product named Hydrawhite Teeth whitening is very popular against tooth yellowing. So you can also try that. Log on to their official website and order this online.