Diarrhea and Dysentery are very common problem among people of today. A lot of people think that the two are same but actually these are a lot different. In diarrhea there is watery stool that may or may not be accompanied by pain or cramps. In dysentery, the person suffers from mucoid stool with blood in it. There may be a fever also with dysentery. There are some natural treatments for dysentery and diarrhea, which I am going to discuss with you.
Natural remedies for Dysentery
- 1. Having fenugreek seed powder with curd or fenugreek vegetable recipe daily is very effective in treating dysentery.
- 2. Pomelo is a natural fruit that is very helpful in treating dysentery.
- 3. Make a vegetable dish from plant of Amaranthus Polygamus without adding spice and oil. It aids in treatment of dysentery.
- 4. Boil one fourth tamarind in milk. Now drink this mixture twice a day with sugar. It is a useful home remedy for treating dysentery.
- 5. Take dried Indian gooseberries and black salt in equal amounts. Dip the dried gooseberry in water and when they get soft, grate them with black salt. Now make tablets of approx 1 cm diameter and take these two times every day half hour after meals.
- 6. Taking rice, curd and pulses with sugar candy also provides relief from dysentery.
Natural remedies for Diarrhea
- If you are suffering from chronic diarrhea, double the intake of protein and also increase the intake of carbohydrates but the fat intake should be decreased. Increase intake of vitamins and minerals.
- Avoid raw fruits and vegetables like banana and papaya. They may worsen the condition that you are going through.
- Mash black plum with water and take twice daily to treat diarrhea with blood.
- Avoid foods with high fiber like whole grain cereals and pulse with husk.
- Do not eat pickles, spices, radish, onion, capsicum, cabbage, garlic, chutneys and turnip. Also avoid fried fatty foods.
- Add 12gm of powdered sugar candy to 12gm of powdered coriander and then this mixture to a half cup of water. It is effective in treating bloody diarrhea.
- Keep drinking plenty of water with sugar and salt in it. It is necessary to replenish water in body as it loses a lot of water during diarrhea.
Before trying these remedies it is also important to visit a doctor and take advice from him and then start with it accordingly.