Many children suffer from eczema, mostly in the summer due to the heat present in atmosphere. It is embarrassing for parents as well as for the child as well if he/she keeps scratching in front of everyone. Mostly eczema happens because of the allergens present in the environment where the child is living. Dust, pollens, molds and certain foods causes eczema. Children who are suffering from eczema usually start scratching the points and by scratching they only make the condition worse. But it can be treated easily if you know what eczema is and what are its signs and symptoms.
Signs and symptoms of eczema
- Itchy, red and dry skin.
- Small bumps on cheek, scalp or forehead.
Home remedies for eczema
- After a warm shower massaging olive oil on the body helps in preventing eczema
- Taking a bath with sea salt helps in reducing inflammation and pain. Just add sea salt to the water and then take a bath with this water.
- Use virgin coconut oil to rub on skin, it will provide you great relief from eczema.
- Eat foods that contain omega 3 fatty acids, like oranges, flax seed and grapes.
- The most important thing is to get a good sleep, rest is necessary for your body to refresh your body.
- Exercise regularly, exercising helps in boosting the metabolism of your body and then body can fight eczema easily.
- Drink a lot of water every day, water hydrates your skin and removes all toxins from the body which can cause eczema.
- Include proteins, fruits and vegetables in your daily diet.
- Taking probiotics daily helps in improving your digestive system and hence make the immune system strong and a strong immune system can fight well against eczema.
- Rub the affected areas with Aloe Vera gel. You can get this gel from any nearby store.
- Always keep your skin moist, use moisturizers before bathing and apply to the affected areas, use the moisturizer two three times a day to get quick results, but before using any moisturizer consult with your doctor or a professional to check whether it is safe for you to use.
Try not to scratch on the affected area because scratching can affect other parts of body as well. Try these simple methods at home to cure eczema effectively.