A cough is an action that clears your air passage off irritants and mucus such as smoke or dust. It is the body’s way to remove unwanted materials from the upper air way and lungs. Cough usually occurs when the tissues get irritated and this trigger the chain of events. This condition is very common among the people and classified in two categories. One is acute and other is chronic. Acute cough is a sudden onset and can last for three weeks. But chronic cough can continue to affect you for more than eight weeks.
Coughing can be chronic in nature when correlated to different kinds of disorders. It is estimated that around 90% people fall prey to this condition when they are already affected with post nasal drip or bronchitis or asthma or heartburn or lung disease. Other causes of cough include smoking, allergies such as smoke or dust, weather changes and inflammation of pharynx or larynx. Therefore, it is understandable that an individual suffering from the illness needs best cough treatment to cure it. Natural ways are more effective than any other because they contain no side effects. Below are some home remedies to cure cough:
- The best remedy to cure cough is lemon. Make a mixture of lemon, salt and black pepper; sucking it decreases the intensity of cough.
- Honey and ginger are also an excellent remedy to get rid of cold and coughs. Take juice of ginger with honey two to three times in a day.
- Have a mixture of one gram turmeric powder and one tablespoon of honey.
- Grapes cure coughs because they tone up the lungs and act as an expectorant. So increase the consumption of it.
- Make a paste of five ingredients – ¼ teaspoon of ground ginger, one table spoon of apple cider vinegar, two tablespoon of water, ¼ teaspoon of red pepper and one table spoon of honey. Have it once in a day to cure the problem.
- Chew four basil leaves that can provide instant relief and treat the cough quickly.
- Onions when mixed with honey is also an effective home remedy to cure cough. Have this mixture two to three times a day.
- Boil a cup of water and add one teaspoon of marjoram in it. Then drink this mixture after leaving ten to fifteen minutes to get cool. Have this three to four times a day to overcome the condition.
- Garlic is also regarded as the best home remedy to not only cure cough but also other conditions as well. Generally in winters the problem of cough increases. In that case you should eat garlic with every meal.
Health is the prime concern for every individual. People who are affected with the problem of cough should take proper care especially in winters when the chances of suffering from the condition are high. You just follow these above mentioned natural remedies to cure a cough.